Compliments, Comments and Complaints

If you or your relatives are unhappy about any aspect of your care or the services you have received, please speak to a member of staff in the first instance. 

Problems can often be sorted out on the spot. If you feel able to talk to those concerned, you can give them the opportunity to put things right. 

If you don’t want to speak to a member of staff or you still feel dissatisfied and your issues have not been resolved, you can contact us via Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)  

We view complaints positively, using them as an opportunity to improve services.   

Exceptional Circumstances – Changes to complaint response timeline 

As a result of the covid 19 pandemic we are currently operating with revised complaint response timelines as described under business continuity in our Patient Experience policy. 

Therefore, the following timeline will apply until further notice.  We will review this position on 31/10/2021. 

Current timelines are 35 days for complaints involving one service and up to 5 issues and 40 days for all others. 

The Resolution and Complaints Manager will work with you to resolve your complaint. If you have written or emailed, they may speak to you to help understand your concerns more fully and to work out a way these can be resolved. 

Your complaint will be investigated and you will receive a full report explaining what has occurred and what action has been taken. The timescales for receiving this will also be agreed with you and we will keep you informed throughout the process. 

If you wish to view the full Complaints Policy for Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust then please click here for the Trust Policy page and search for document number DN060. 

What happens if I am still not satisfied? 

We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint, including arranging meetings with staff involved and seeking independent medical advice. We also have trained independent conciliators who can work with all parties to work out more complex issues. 

In the rare circumstances where you are still dissatisfied with the response, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman 

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman 
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033

The Ombudsman will usually expect a complaint to have followed our complaints procedure before considering it. 


Latest News
Compliments and complaints
Patient Experience
The staff are wonderful; the receptionists were polite and efficient, the nurses I have seen, were incredible.