Recite Me Logo

Moving house

Some families may find moving house is the best option to meet their child’s needs in the home. An Occupational Therapist will assess what the housing needs are for your child. A letter from an Occupational Therapist known as a Housing Needs report will specify what the minimum requirements are for a suitable property.

What you can do to help

Home owners can apply to be on the housing register but this is subject to certain criteria. Applications can be made by completing the online home link registration form found on their website:  

Home-Link, is the choice based lettings (CBL) scheme for council and housing association properties across the Cambridgeshire and West Suffolk area. The scheme covers all the available council and housing association properties. You can also find information about all the housing options available in the area.


How we can help

In some cases, moving to another property which can provide more suitable accommodation is more appropriate for a person’s longer term housing and well-being. Under certain circumstances, the District Council can provide a relocation grant to help with the costs of moving.

Need more information?

Click the green text below to see further information. 

Cambridgeshire County Council’s SEND Specialist Housing Advice Service (0-25yrs) can offer advice, information, guidance and support to families who need to move because they have a child with SEND whose needs can’t be met in their current home. This also applies to young people up to the age of 25yrs. The Occupational Therapist who makes the housing needs assessment can refer to this service if you are eligible.

Families and carers can also make direct contact with the SEND Specialist Housing Advice Service with questions about eligibility and for more information about how this service might be able to help by emailing:

New referrals

To request an occupational therapy assessment of housing you can complete a referral form and send it to us.  This can be found on the 'contact us' page

Easy read and translation

If you need helping reading our website or require a translation click the Easy Read and Translation button at the top of the page.

For more help with using Easy Read and Translation visit our dedicated page

Latest News
Compliments and complaints
Patient Experience
You boosted my confidence and parenting skills in general.