Recite Me Logo

Making your home work for you

If you are looking for advice on how your home can work better for you and your child here are some frequently asked questions..

Occupational Therapy - home adaptations

How we can help

As Occupational Therapists we will help you in supporting your child/young person’s day to day care needs within your home.

We will work together alongside our housing partners so that you and your child can access your home and that your home is a safe place to be.

Your child may already be known to the  Occupational Therapy service.  If not, a new referral can be made via Cambridgeshire County Council Contact Centre ( cross reference see contacts list)

Here is a leaflet explaining how we work together...


 Click here to download the Cambs OT - Housing Guide

We understand some of the language used in this leaflet is rather complex and can be confusing. This is simply because this is the terminology used with legislation when discussing housing. We have worked with a selection of families to create a further FAQ to make it easier to understand...

Click here to download the housing frequently asked questions guide

Need more information?

Click each of the green words below for further information. 

New referrals

To request an occupational therapy assessment of housing needs phone Cambridgeshire County Council Contact Centre:  0345 045 5205

For anything else you can call us on 0300 029 50 50 or

For a Specialist Housing Advisor 01223 729100 or email:

Easy read and translation

If you need help reading our website or require a translation click the easy read and translation button at the top of the page.

For more help with using Easy Read and Translation visit our dedicated page

Latest News
Compliments and complaints
Patient Experience
You boosted my confidence and parenting skills in general.